Sunday, December 2, 2007

Kesong Puti

Above courtesy of Pinoyfoodtalk.net as lifted from Green Grocer. It shows the Pan de Sal and the Kesong Puti.
I just wanted to remind myself of the white cheese to spur me on to make some!


Well it all started with a liter of rancid milk.

We usually buys a two liter jugs of fresh full cream milk. We normally consume that much due to my grandson, Kallen being still on the bottle. Plus we usually have capuccino whenever we have the time make it.

But this week, we somehow was too busy to make coffee. I though of making white cheese, as we have in the old country. Being from Cavite, I tasted this cheese and relished it with hot pan de sal or Filipino bread. White cheese is usually made from carabao's milk. So I googled a recipe and found one. This one was posted by Kayenne So from a recipe from San Miguel, Bulacan.

But instad of making the white cheese, I followed and read Kayenne's posts at Green Grocers and Chef Kayenne. Saw some interesting links, like Oggi's I Can DoThat, a lady from Virginia, USA to Dhanggit's Kitchen. Another Filipina now living in Provence, France.

So here I am still reading and looking at these mouth watering recipe's without my white cheese. We did bought another 2 liter jug of milk and a small block of fetta cheese, but still too lazy to make that kesong puti. The fetta is different from the white cheese I love.

Maybe before the milk expires, I will make that cheese. All I need is a cheese cloth and a bit of effort.

No comments: